O’Gara currently has on-site capabilities to laser cut, form & weld armor plate. This involves the use of laser cutters, shears, friction saws, and drilling for cutting and hydraulic presses and 3 roll formers for forming armor. Welding is primarily accomplished manually utilizing Miller equipment. We have a Motoman welding robot that is used on various programs and has the capacity to be used on others. We maintain a limited machine shop to build various fixtures and make repairs to fabricating equipment as required. There is enough capacity in our facility to run two lines simultaneously.
Capacity to cut, bend and weld 500 parts in a single shift.
ISO 9001:2015 validated procedures and planning to support processing of materials.
Creates value to customers due to decreased cost and lead times through continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
All of our welders are AWS D1.1 Certified.
Materials used on a daily basis
- Carbon Steels from 22 ga (0.0299”) to ½” thickness
- Armor steels from 1/8”-1” thickness (MIL-DTL-12560, MIL-DTL-46100, MIL-DTL-32332, MIL-DTL-46099)
- Aluminum components up to ¼” thickness
- We utilize laser cutting over other forms of thermal cutting (oxy-acetylene or plasma) because it gives us the accuracy we demand while maintaining exceptional cutting speed.
- We have the ability to cut ¼” armor steel at 250 inches per minute while achieving part accuracy to 0.003”
- Our hydraulic presses can form armor steel plates ½” thick and 16’ wide.
- O’Gara technicians have experience bending ultra-high-hard steel up to 30 degrees during production.
- O’Gara’s high rate production lines use GMAW for all welding.
- All welding processes are qualified to one of the following: AWS D1.1, AWS D1.2, AWS D1.3, AWS D17.1, or MIL-STD-3040 (formerly TACOM GCVWC-Steel).
- We also have GTAW machines for low rate and highly delicate welding operations.
O’Gara Armoring is the proud manufacturer of every U.S. President’s limousine from Harry S. Truman to Ronald Reagan.